Monday, June 10, 2013

Lock and Load 2013

So, I attended Lock and Load in Seattle this weekend.

Here's a summary of the Good Stuff:

New Products!

-- Rhulic Colossal is coming
-- Battle Engine Reznik (crowd was very excited)
-- Butcher 3 as Warcaster Unit (first one in Warmachine) with 2 Arguses (!)

Next Expansion Book is titled "Vengeance", and more details are expected at GenCon.

I played a bunch of Iron Arena, winning two Iron Arena smoke templates this year.
I also played in the "Who's the Boss" tournament.

So, in order, here are the things that I played:

-- Played a big 50-point game against Scott from Chain Attack. It was a fun game, and I got schooled. I played Khador, and Scott played Cryx, running the Witch Coven of Garlghast (I'm looking at you, Doug). I have a more detailed battle report for a later post.

-- Played a 35-point game against "Les" (sorry, didn't get last name), a PG who was helping out in the Iron Arena. Les played a Tier 4 Mortenebra high-mobility list, and I quickly took some bonejacks to the face. My Khador recovered pretty well, although I made a mistake at the end of the game (pointed out by another great player, Geoff Osiri), and I lost that game. Still tons of fun.


So. Many. Slayers.

Yep, that's what it looked like downfield.

The "Who's the Boss" tournament format was invented by Andy Welton, who is a PG from Madison, and one of the guys behind Cripped System, who is just a super person all around. Big, huge props to Andy for building, setting up, and running the tournament. He did a ton of work. Also, because I'm a n00b at this, I don't have a picture of Andy. But this is the table with all of the casters on it:



All. Of. The. Casters. It's really impressive to see. We spun a big wheel (photo missing, check), which had all of the casters as spots on the wheel (130 casters, 160 spots, with 30 fun ones like "Dealer's Choice", "Free Respin", or "Bankrupt").






Spolier: I lost all four of my rounds. My caster picks were:


Maelok the Dreadbound
Grim Angus
Nemo3
Morvanna2

All interesting caster that I didn't know how to play; I commented that I barely know how to play my own faction's casters. Still, tons of fun.

I played a very claustrophobic 35-point game against a Cygnar player playing Captain Jeremiah Kraye on a Scenario table; we both played Colossals on the table, and he the Cygnar player had a bit of movement advantage because he had lots of pathfinder and I pretty much had none; despite that, I played a strong attrition game and eventually took out all of his stuff. A very fun game, and my only win of L&L.



I played my final game against Geoff Osili, with no pictures. Geoff played Ret, and I just don't quite know to deal with that. Geoff is a great player, who knows pretty much every stat line in the game. He's very impressive to play against, and a fun opponent.

A few other fun things -- a beautifully converted Mountain King:

And the upcoming Night Troll:


Lots of fun stuff -- tons of great conversation also, with some old convention friends and new convention friends, and lots of great chats with the PP folks.

Looking forward to L&L 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment