Sunday, March 10, 2013

Khador vs. Cryx

I played a 50-point game against a friend last week. Last time I wrote that I was going to start a new habit to make sure I got pictures of the battle.

That didn't happen.

Now, with the confession out of the way, here is a quick recap of the battle.

I played a 50-point Tier 4 pSorscha list. He played a Tier 4 Mortenebra list.

The game was acutally over very quickly -- my friend made a mistake and forgot what kind of terrain we had agreed on in a certain placement on the board. He accidentally placed Mortenebra in feat range of Sorscha and threat range of a pack of Widowmakers, so once she was stationary, the Widowmakers shot her up and the game was over.

All told, it wasn't a great victory for the Motherland -- just a simple error that led to a basic assassination run. But there were a couple of fun highlights:


-- Deathjack vs. Beast-09 showdown. Deathjack is really, really deadly. I'm just amazed at how much damage he can lay down in a turn
-- pSorscha's feat is just really really amazing. I think it's still my best tool in the toolkit.
-- I love Khador Mortar Teams. At range 20 with POW 16, they hit hard from far -- when they hit. If I manage to boost the roll (usually with Kovnik Grigorovich), they can really pop something. Otherwise, the 4-inch POW 8 blast is still good at clearing out infantry.
--Battle Mechaniks are actually cool and I need to get better at including them in my army.

pSorscha has a good Tier 4 list. NQ43 also published an excellent eSorscha tier list -- it requires at least one Conquest and raises the FA on the Mortar Teams. It has lots and lots of distant shelling, which pleases me.

Looking forward to the next game, and hopefully the start of the new habit...


No comments:

Post a Comment